Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

film packs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ltdave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: film packs Reply with quote

so ive decided i would try some sheet film. because my 1955 Crown didnt come with any film holders off to the Bay of E, to find a couple.

i found a pair of OLD Graflex branded holders (#1234) film pack adapters/holders WITH FILM in them already.

one photo shows about 5 sheets of back paper which i PRESUME separate the sheets of film. theyre loaded with Tri-X Pan film.

how do these work? im curious to buy them just because they have vintage film in them and it might be interesting the result one might get from such old film (i would guess the film is probably 50yrs old or more!)

if nothing comes of them, i would still have the holders for just a few dollars more than most of the other holders on the market

ive seen several other holders with septums i presume for loading multiple sheets that ARENT in factory film packs. how do THOSE work?

ive read the manuals listed on the site but either i missed them or completely failed to understand how they worked
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film packs haven't been made in years. Your film pack holders make good paperweights.

The Grafmatic sheet film holders, OTOH, are useable with the appropriate sizes of available sheet film. There are instructions on this site for loading sheet film into the Grafmatic. See https://graflex.org/speed-graphic/grafmatic/

As a practical matter, 4x5 is the obvious choice. I tried 2x3 cut film in my Century using sheet film holders; development was a pain with those little pieces of film. That was a one-time-only experiment for me. I don't think 2x3 cut film is offered today. I use 120 roll film exclusively, in RH10 roll holders (ten 6x7cm images per roll, roughly 2-1/4 x 2-3/4 inches).

(BTW, this topic is more appropriate for the "Accessories" category of the board.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: