Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LM-14 (1) Cut Film Holders 4x5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pathepathe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: LM-14 (1) Cut Film Holders 4x5 Reply with quote

I have four of these is top notch condition. I believe that they are military although they look like Riteway film holders.

A few questions: 1. What Graflex camera were they made for? 2. What are they worth?
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Military numbers are basically meaningless. The same model camera body with a wide angle lens will have one number, one with a normal lens another, and one with a portrait lens yet another number.

Do the holders have a grove on the darksiide end and slots down the long edges (Graflex) or do they have the standard light trap ridges at te darkslide end (Graphic)?
pathepathe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: LM-14 (1) Cut Film Holders 4x5 - Riteway Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that one side says LM-14 (1) and the other side says Riteway. My question remains: "What Graflex camera were they made for?"
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graflex style as described in my previous post - any Graflex SLR or Speed Graphic with a Graflex back the format of the holder.

Graphic style as described in my previous post - any camera with a spring back or Graflok/International back the format size of the holder.

Now, if you want to know what Military number they fit take a look at
http://graflex.coffsbiz.com/military.html and http://www.speedgraphic.fr/PH-47E.html
Note that a PH47 is a Anniversary Speed Graphic or a Pacemaker Speed Graphic and a C-3 can be either a Pre Anniversary or Anniversary Speed Graphic.

A Pacemaker Speed Graphic made for the military does not have the body side release.
Scroll through this section as there may other links that did not join the Dodos.
disemjg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS, until very recently I would have said "spring back = Graphic back", but only last week I was rooting through my collection and rediscovered a lovely Pre-Anniversary 3X4 outfit with a spring back. Looking in the case I was puzzled to find Graflex holders. I was about to remove the holders to a more appropriate place, but a closer look at the back showed that the camera indeed had a Graflex back, but used a spring back instead of the usual sliding bar to retain the holders. I don't recall seeing another camera like that. It looked just like any spring back camera until you lifted the back and could see the male light trap. And yes, it was made like that. I have other Speeds that take Graflex holders but they have the expected hardware and there is nothing unusual about them, it was just how they were ordered by the original purchasers.

And now that I think about it further, my Press Graflex of course uses Graflex holders, but has a spring back. That one is detachable and interchangeable with the roll back I also have for the camera.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graflex would custom build a camera for the right price.
Several camera shops did excellent modifications to Graflex Cameras that were as good as factory.
Ground glass panels were available for Graflex Backs. Its easy to modify one to use the springs for a Graphic Back which is what likely happened or it was a modification from the factory via an authorized dealer but not standard production.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Military Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: