Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using Industar 300mm f/4.5 and 210mm 4.5 on a speed graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex Journal and GHQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atlmoksha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: using Industar 300mm f/4.5 and 210mm 4.5 on a speed graphic Reply with quote

I am new to this site so i'm not sure if this question has been posted already..i couldn't find it in the archives. I want to install an industar 300mm lens on my pacemaker speed graphic, but i noticed that the bellows would have to be extended to the max, and wanted to know the advice, experience, or knowhow of others that have adapted this large format lens to the SG. I know the 210 will fit nice without having to extend the bellows out too much, but i really wan to find a way to not have to extend the 300mm too much. i'm thinking an extension gap on the lens board, installing it outside of it vs inside...any ideas? has anyone adapted this lens to the SGP? thanks
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 12 inch lens is close to the limit for a 4x5 Pacemaker Speed. The bellows will survive being extended fully but focusing much closer than infinity is impossible.

Your suggestions will both work. The easy way to make a top hat lens board is to make a wooden box, attach it to the board with screws (through the board from behind and into the wood) or nuts and bolts. Then attach the lens to the front of the box in the usual way. Either way, blacken the screw heads or nuts/bolts.

Alternatively, if you can make one (or have it made inexpensively) and if y'r Industar is threaded internally at the rear a bushing that screws into the back of the lens and has a lip or a retaining ring will hold the lens in front of the board. I've had SKGrimes make such bushings for a couple of lenses that were too big to pass through my 2x3 Pacemaker Speed's lens throat.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there an article in GHQ 10 years ago about this?
I guess with servers being retired as veterans go to the final rest those articles are no longer available here, try the lens help section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex Journal and GHQ Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: