Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex 1000 flash options

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Graflex 1000 flash options Reply with quote

I checked the previous questions and didn't find anything so excuse me if this is a repeat question:

I am experimenting with flash photography and instant film on my Super Speed which has the Graflex 1000 shutter, and was curious about the sync options. There is of course no sync connection on the shutter itself but I understand there is the 3-hole sync port on the body, which naturally requires an expensive custom flash cord. So before I dish out the cash, are there other options, and is there any way I can be sure that the darn thing works before I get the sync cord? I am going on a trip soon and can't wait for a custm cord to be delivered.

I notice on the back of the lensboard for the Graflex 1000, there are two wire terminals. I believe these are the for the sync. Can I attach a flash cord to these terminals, somehow?

Thank you
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUMP on this immediately:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Graflex-Shutter-Remote-Cord-/251549474455?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item3a91845e97

Now while you are waiting for the cord to arrive get an Ohm meter and test the camera wiring.
With the lens board removed the left contact on the front standard should make contact with the rear terminal on the body socket, the right contact on the front standard should make contact with the center terminal on the body socket. These are your flash sync connectors.

The sync cords go bad due to corrosion in the Y. Cutting the cord just before the Y you will find a shield (braided copper), a red wire, and a black wire. The red wire and shield can be connected to any type of sync contact you desire.
and if the cord is good all you need is a Household to your flash's sync connector adapter which will be easier and faster to get as B&H or Adorama will most likely have something in stock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: