Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Filter size for Wollensak 10" Tele Raptar f4.4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
supermouse1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am still trying to figure out what the front filter thread size is on this lens. I Have it narrowed down to two suspects. Either 63mm or series 7.5. I do have not way of checking here. I took the lens with me to Adolf Gassers in SF, and we coulden't find anything in the store to fit it. Any ideas?

Thanks, Craig
alecj

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of half series sizes, Craig. Where did you find that?
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the knowledgeable people quit Gassers and now work at Keeble & Shuchat in Palo Alto, another 40 miles down the road.
Charles

supermouse1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-03-01 13:50, alecj wrote:
Never heard of half series sizes, Craig. Where did you find that?

I know that it seems odd, however the fellow who spent around 20 minutes looking throught his catalouges said that there was such an animal. I have a Leica CL, and the filter size for it is series 5.5. i think that the real problem is that photography is getting futher, and further away from these types of things. I feel that photography is slowy walking away for all of the things that I learned when I started 30 years ago. When I go into a shop now they are talking about computers when they sell camera gear. This must be somewhat how the old glass plate photographers felt at the turn of the prior century.

Craig
supermouse1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
On 2003-03-02 01:24, 45PSS wrote:
All the knowledgeable people quit Gassers and now work at Keeble & Shuchat in Palo Alto, another 40 miles down the road.
Charles

Thank you for the advice, and I will try them next. In fact the fellow at Gasser's said that was my next best shot at finding it locally. The thing for me is that I live at Lake Tahoe, and I don't get to the city very offen. I see that you are living in Bay Area. The trip that I went to Gasser's for was when I went to SFMOMA to see the August Sanders disply. that was well worth the time. Anyway next trip I plan on going to K&S, but I thought that they were in Menlo Park. If I could find out the size I could order the part that I need. Right now I am working in the dark as to what I really need.

Thanks, Craig
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kspphoto.com
(Be sure to click on that big box to get all the details)

If I had the lens or its front ring in my hands I could figure out what thread size it is.

Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2003-03-02 13:38 ]
supermouse1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles, thanks for the link to K&S. I will drop you a note when I am planning to come down your way, and see if you want to get together for a cup of coffee. I do remember their store now. I haven't lived in the Bay area for over 25 years. I used to shop at Brooks in downtown PA. Guess i'm getting old!

Craig
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other possiblity is that someone tried to install the wrong size and messed the lead thread up so that nothing will go on.
C

supermouse1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
On 2003-03-02 18:34, 45PSS wrote:
The other possiblity is that someone tried to install the wrong size and messed the lead thread up so that nothing will go on.
C

No the threads are in very good shape. This is just an odd size. I can't come accross anything that will engage the threads. They are either too big, or too small.

Good thought though, Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: