Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie in new world

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joyeux_f

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:44 am    Post subject: Newbie in new world Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of Graflex photography and I am excited to dive into this fascinating realm. As a beginner, I am not yet fully equipped and would greatly appreciate some advice on the first set of gear to acquire.

I understand that there are various aspects to consider when choosing the right equipment, such as the camera body, lenses, and additional accessories. I am eager to learn from more experienced Graflex enthusiasts who can recommend a suitable starter kit that will enable me to develop my skills and capture stunning images.

If you could provide any guidance on the essential items to invest in or any specific models that are beginner-friendly, I would be extremely grateful. Your expertise and suggestions will undoubtedly help me make informed decisions and enhance my photographic journey.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input!
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Please help us to help you. Are you thinking about getting a Graphic press camera or a Graflex SLR?

Yes, I know, Graflex nomenclature is a mess.
joyeux_f

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Fromm wrote:
Hmm. .Please help us to help you. Are you thinking about getting a Graphic press camera or a Graflex SLR?

Yes, I know, Graflex nomenclature is a mess.

I think Graflex SLR, But i'm not very sure...

Last edited by joyeux_f on Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to denigrate you, demean you or condescend to you, but you don't know enough to ask questions that can be answered concisely. More exactly, you asked an apparently simple question that wants a book length answer.

I suggest that you visit https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/, read the FAQs and the articles on the site's home page. That site has a resource that's somewhat hidden but that I recommend highly. I'd better recommend it highly, I wrote it.

This https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?138978-Where-to-look-for-information-on-LF-(mainly)-lenses link will take you to a discussion. The first post in it has a link to an annotated list of links that bear on large format photography, including to books. Buy a book. Since you're resolved that you want a Graflex, look for a copy of Graphic Graflex Photography. Read, study, think things over and then you'll be able to ask questions that will get useful answers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: