Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stroboflash AC power supply

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stroboflash-Al

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned and used Stroboflash II and IV units since the early 70's when I did fraternity / sorority dance pictures while attending University of Illinois. I just love those units, especially the nice pop when they go off!

Anyway, over the past month or so I have developed a cheap, SAFE (isolated)120VAC to 450v power supply design for the Stroboflash II/IV. Fits right in the case. I was just wondering how much interest there was in this. If there is interest, I can make the design available (no charge) and if there is a lot of interest I can have some printed circuit boards made up (small charge).

I have also designed a complete solid state replacement for the tube trigger circuit in the head. The new design uses a opto-isolated 6v (digital compatible) trigger. Same question applies. Any interest??

I am also working on a 12v to 450v battery supply using a high frequency oscillator to step up the voltage but that is not final yet. Maybe 6 months or so.

Best Regards,
Al
clnfrd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al....I'd be interested in your 120VAC-to-450VDC supply design. Sounds like it may also be sufficient for the Strobonar Auto 770. What is its current capability? Fred.
Stroboflash-Al

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred:

I am putting together a design package with photos and drawings. The power supply is simple enough to assemble on a perf board. A printed circuit board would be nice but not necessary. I will probably make a parts kit available since a few of the parts are a little obscure. The supply puts out 475 to 525vdc. Mounts on a 4x5" piece of plywood. Fits right in the battery case. Recycle time is about 5-10 sec. Depends on how many and what kind of caps are in the unit.

The all solid state flash head trigger definitely requires a PC board. I am still perfecting it. I want to add a slave circuit since most people probably want to use this in the studio.

Contact me at al@trans-micro.com so I can add you to my list.
CFM44NH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just didcovered this forum, pretty cool! I have a Stroboflash IV with an ac pack, (bought it ages ago...) but might be interested in yours if the recycle time is faster. Do you have a time for recylce vs power level? I also would be interested in the slave / trigger circuit!
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ficken Sie auf Deutsch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: