Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pacemaker/Anniversary parts interchange

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnselMortensen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Pacemaker/Anniversary parts interchange Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a Pacemaker Speed 4x5 carcass, with a working FPS. It is missing the bellows and whole front standard assembly.
It is in very nice cosmetic shape, and I would like to make a user out of it, if possible.
I really like the larger 4" square lens boards of the Anny, and the movable, folding infinity stops of the Pacemaker.
Is there a way to adapt an Anny front standard /lens board holder for use on a Pacemaker bellows/rail?
If so, what parts will I need?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks!
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any experience with this. Somewhere on this site, and likely in this section, are some tips on this. The Anniversary has a fixed rail (yoke in graflex speak) in the body and I don't think an Anniversary front standard will fit onto Pacemaker rails. I think someone has retrofitted a Pacemaker rails, front standard, bellows to an Anniversary body.
That said, these may help you:
https://graflex.org/manuals/4x5-Anniversary-Speed-Graphic.pdf
https://graflex.org/manuals/45-Pacemaker-Speed-and-Crown-Graphic.pdf

https://www.cameramanuals.org/prof_pdf/c-3_graflex_camera.pdf
The C-3 is the military version of the Anniversary Speed.
William Hallett

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rails have the same cross-section, and the Anni front standard fits on the Pacemaker rails (I've just tried it). However, the means by which the bellows are attached are quite different. The "yoke" on both cameras appears to be identical (including a linked moving section in the body) except that there are additional grooves milled in the Pacemaker yoke for the infinity stops. The Pacemaker yoke fits in the bed rails of the Anni.
AnselMortensen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you kind gents for the great information!
I will do some scouting around to see what I can find parts-wise.
Cheers!
AnselMortensen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update:
After collecting parts, I found it easiest to install a Pacemaker front standard, bellows and yoke. So, I have a mostly-stock Pacemaker SG.
It seems that the most practical way for me to use my Anny lens boards would be to make a tophat-style lens board adapter. I have seen adapters to use PM lensboards on an Anny, but not vice-versa, so I guess I still have a project on my hands.
jerryg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iu did just the opposite of your original question. I swapped the anni front standard with a pacemaker style front standard so I have a little tilt with my aero ektar lens
I did have to do some shaving down of the inner pacemaker plate so it would fit inside the anni bellows. with that in mind I think it would be easier to do the opposite swaping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: