Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any advice on shooting 1951 kodacolor 120 roll film ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerryg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: any advice on shooting 1951 kodacolor 120 roll film ? Reply with quote

I watched a video where a guy ( sounded Australian) shot this film @ 8 seconds at f16
does that sound right to you guy's? I have never shot this kind of film nor this old. I have shot many rolls of 120 plus-x from 1960's up to 80's with real nice results.
I was wondering if any of you have some good suggestions ?

can I do c22 at home? what do I need ?
Markus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have developed ~35 year old Kodacolor II film (C-41) and got some nice results by overexposing it by four stops. The color shifts looked rather pleasant. I made some tests to arrive at that 4 stop overexposure number for my particular film stock.

A C-22 film from 1951 sounds like quite a challenge... I wouldn't expect much. A quick Google search brings up some people getting results by using C-41 chemicals at room temperature. Not something I have ever tried.
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled "C-22 color negative chemistry" and got over 32M hits.

I haven't had the "pleasure" of shooting 67-year-old film of any kind, but my instincts and experience in the darkroom tell me that's it's a long shot indeed. So many variables (how was film stored? how stable is the chemistry? how to expose, etc.,etc.) Given that color negative chemistry from that period is notoriously unstable at best, I'd say your chances of getting images out of it are slim to none. But hey, what have you got to lose?

Meanwhile, perhaps the google citations will help you decide. Good luck!

(BTW, Kodak Plus-X was my favorite b/w film after Panatomic-X. It's all gone now, and so is EKCo. They had their day, for sure.)
jerryg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you gentlemen for your help

I am new to this, so im willing to try just about anything for fun. I did shoot some film from 1960 and had nice results from what I can see in the negative. I need to have them enlarged. I would like to learn to do that as well
I took my 4x5 super D out the other day and shot some old 4x5, really cool out come. as soon as I get them enlarged I will post the results here
shutterfinger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(BTW, Kodak Plus-X was my favorite b/w film after Panatomic-X. It's all gone now, and so is EKCo. They had their day, for sure.)

Those chemist could not figure out how to process silicone light sensitive chips. https://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/default.htm

Quote:
I took my 4x5 super D out the other day and shot some old 4x5, really cool out come. as soon as I get them enlarged I will post the results here

Unfortunately the site does host images. You have to use a image hosting site and embed or link to the photos for them to be viewable here.

I do not have any insight into color film that old or the chemistry. You can probably buy the raw chemicals and mix the C-22 developer from a recipe.
jerryg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, after looking on google, where I could not find anything last two nights, I found a ton of info, and in general, not worth trying to get any decent image. so I will put it back in the case next to my camera.

onto a more image obtainable film

thanks again gentle men
jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: