Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Century in need of help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Law

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Century in need of help... Reply with quote

Where can I go to get help with my Century Graphic? I need to install the arm inside the camera that actuates the range finder, as well as calibrate the range finder once I have the arm installed.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tall order for a small camera.
The arm is attached to the rangefinder shaft with a 3/16 hex head set screw. You will need a 3/16 nut driver to tighten it, a wrench will be hard to find and not fit in the space available.
With the front standard positioned so that you can access the rangefinder shaft and arm turn the rangefinder arm inward as far as it will go then tighten the arm set screw on the end of the shaft so that the arm is just before touching the camera back and the free end of the arm is in alignment with the eccentric on the rails.

Kalart rangefinder calibration
https://graflex.org/speed-graphic/kalart-adjustment.html
Hugo Meyer rangefinder calibration
https://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6319&highlight=hugo+meyer

Century Graphics are covered/discussed in the Speed Graphic forum.
Steve Law

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Century in need of help... Reply with quote

Got it thanks. All I needed was the know how and the bit about the 3\16 nut driver.

Now I think I need to know how to align the range finder to the lens.

The previous range finder got mis-adjustmented and broke a couple of screws. I was able to find a couple of range finders on Ebay for $0.99 each and the seller combined shipping.

I have seen all of the alignment procedures and will go over them with a fine tooth comb and if I have too much trouble I shall return to this thread.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor, disassemble it, clean it, and give it fresh lubrication.
Trace amount of grease where metal slides against metal, trace amount of light weight machine oil on the pivots. Too much lube will act like glue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: