Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kalart Synchronizers...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vic valis

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...selling off a big chunk of my collectio of old camera parts, and in sorting through stuff ******* came across to Kalart Synchronizers... cable releases with bipole posts so that when the plunger is tripped it completes the circuit and fires a flash. I don't have it in front of me at the moemtn, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these? There is a dial in the back with two settings, and letters I assume are "x" and "m" like onmany shutters (though I won't swear under oath to those letters). Are they reliable? are they usable with modern flash and flash bulbs (if those letters are something other than "x" and "m")? Anyone have instructions? Thanks,

jeff

It said "good-bye."
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few of those. Actually, I think the settings are for medium peak (M) and gas filled (SM or F) Speed Midget bulbs. There is no bulb that uses true X sync. When the things work, they're fine. Problem is, they can be tough to synchronize and get them to reliably stay that way. The cable is flimsy and won't trip some shutters. The flimsy cable can also affect the synchronization, making it change a little when bent, etc. The only thing I can say is try it and see. There were other similar synchonixers on the market, decades ago, and to compare apples to apples, these were likely as good as it got.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use these with a Kalart battery case with my Contax kit. I also set one up for a young lady's Mini Speed. I've found that they work well if you take the trouble to set them up right.
vic valis

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks all, jsut trying to figure out if I wanted to keep one, or sell 'em both.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: