Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perrycas

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally managed to purchase a Crown at what i came to beleive was a reasonable price, I guess i'll find out when it gets here, as its winging its way across to Oz at the mo. So I would like to thank all those who helped me with my, at times, uninformed questions, allowing me to come to some conclusions in buying: thank you for your generosity, your advice and your opinions.

Apparently my new acquisition is missing a battery cover and one of the glasses on rf(top type) I wonder if some one could tell me if this is special (shaped, domed, what ever) or if I may be able to fabricate (bodge) one together? If not where might i seek one, and the battery cover?
thanks again
Perry
troublemaker

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure which glass you mean that is missing. I looked at mine and it appears that the RF ports have different colored glass, but it is nothing fancy, and wouldn't effect the actual opperation of the RF except you wouldn't have differnt colored split images which facilitates focussing (Unless the magenta tinted one is still in place). It looks like one is lightly tinted blue, and the other magenta. On the Side mount Kalarts that have worn out mirrors some of the fellas glue a small piece of colored acetate on the inside to improve visual opperation; you could certainly "bodge" it if need be.
I think Midwest Photo has new battery doors for the Crown if you really want one. The battery only runs a small bulb for the night focussing apparatus (similar to the Focuspot for the Kalart), and adds weight to the camera. Tape it up temporarily with black grip, or masking tape. The battery doors were a design problem that are far and few between on Graphics; if the batteries are not in place the door will not stay on.
My night spot works, but I have never used it. I just fixed it and keep it nice because it is on a near mint camera.
Wait 'till you get the camera and see if the RF works in concert with the lens you get with it, which is ?
regards,
Stephen
Emerald City
perrycas

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stephen, the lense is a 4.7 Schnieder K. Actaully the peice that is missing is the eyeglass for the veiw finder, ths one you put your eye to. As to the light, yes well I can see that it might not have a lot of application (!), so the door your are quite correct is nmon critical. In fact I cant find the light? But I have been pretty busy since the camera arrived yseterday morning and really haven thad a chance to down load operating instructions etc, so I am limiting my questions to the subject of spares until i do so.
Thanks.
Perry
troublemaker

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the light bulb is located under the RF top cover that is easily removed by backing out the two screws on top. The red button on the left hand side is the momentary switch for turn on the light. The bulb itself shines on the RF mirrors and causes it to work in reverse and thereby casting two beams of light. where they intersect is where the lens should be focused etc...just like seeing split images in the RF normally. I would imagine it is a nice accesorry for shooting in low light sittuations, from celebrety events to crime scenes. I have played around with it, and it works as well as the RF is calibrated...
stephen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: